Solutions often involve 2D and 3D layouts and piping system design. We need the right AutoCad designer to help us as we continue to grow.
Our employees enjoy a casual work environment, flexibility, work-remote possibilities and unlimited opportunities for development and growth.
AutoCAD Piping Designer
Location and details
Springfield, MO – training and design office
Midwest – remote work possible
$15-$22 per hour, commensurate with abilities
AutoCAD Plant 3D software will be provided to perform the work. Training will be provided if needed, but previous 3D design work is required.
State-of-the-Art computer, monitors and ancillary equipment is provided.
Working directly with the owner/engineer or with a senior designer, this designer will perform many of these functions:
- Develop drawings from sketches, field photos, email descriptions.
- 2D drafting/design
- Equipment layouts
- Elevations, sections, ortho views
- 3D drafting/design
- Model food process equipment and piping systems
- Find and use industry manufacturer equipment models
- Build equipment models from 2D literature
- Generate 3D models using primitive shapes
- Make sections, orthographic projections and isometric drawings from the 3D models
- Create title blocks, templates, legends and organize project drawings
- Package and release drawing sets to engineer and customers using cloud services
- WEB reviews – Release for engineer and customer virtual walkthrough
- Administrative and support
- Organize projects and archives
- Backup files
- Proof read documents
- Call equipment manufactures to gather information or estimates
- Printing, binding and mailing drawings
- Checking drawings, spreadsheets, etc. for accuracy
- Miscellaneous random tasks
- Not required
- But opportunities for travel to manufacturing plants with the owner are great for training and career development
- Learning skills to represent the company at facilities adds value for the designer and opportunities for advancement
Experience and education
- Minimum requirements
- AA degree in Drafting and Design or equal
- High School diploma
- AutoCAD – intermediate user
- 3D CAD software – intermediate user
- MS Word, Excel & Outlook experience
- 2 years general, full-time work experience
- Piping design experience
- Mechanical design experience
- Related work experience
- Computer savvy
- Autodesk Inventor experience
Important Traits and skills
- Trustworthy and Reliable
- Aptitude to learn
- Confidence with ability to be coached
- Organization skills
- Written and oral communication
- Thorough – I get so much junk from job postings, it is critical that you include the word Snorkel in your communication to me. I have a rule in Outlook that will bring it to a special folder. This weeds out the people that didn’t even read this.
- Ability to work alone with only occasional interaction
- Positive attitude
On the job training provided
- AutoCAD Plant 3D including P&ID and isometric modules
- Various available training and tutorials required for job completion
- Applicable seminars
- Food process systems and equipment OJT
- Job growth and advancement encouraged
- Excellent hourly compensation
- Health Insurance
- Paid time off
- Casual work place
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to CADhiring@cookprocesssolutions.com.
If you are interested in contract work instead, send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to contractCAD@cookprocesssolutions.com.
Please note the special instructions under traits above or your submission will not be seen.